Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Final post

Wow...five months in Sweden and it’s time for my last post! I actually can’t believe it...time has just gone so fast. My first week in Uppsala is still so fresh in my mind, it was hot, humid, and I had somehow managed to catch a cough from some contagious passenger on the plane on the way here. Being the snow bunny that I am, it was definitely not the Sweden I had signed up for. Now it’s my last week here, and the feeling I had during my first week is now completely...foreign...to me (except for the being sick part, it’s almost...poetic...that I was also sick now, like coming full circle...hehehe).
I don’t know quite know how I can sum-up the time I’ve spent here. I’ve covered the country from almost all the way North to almost all the way South; I’ve met new friends and re-visited old ones; and at the end of it all I’ve spent almost six months in a place which felt like home...something which to me is very important, and which was completely unexpected. 

To those who have been reading and commenting over the past few months, I’m so glad I’ve found someone to read what I have to say! I hope you’ve managed to gain some enjoyment from what I’ve written and that I’ve been able to give you a good idea of what life at SLU was like for me. I wish you the best of luck if you’re about to embark on your own Swedish adventure and I hope that you have as much of a good time as I did.
To those who I’ve met over the past few months, it’s hard to find exactly what to say. I thank you for your company, for your guidance and above all for your friendship. I have amazing memories of being here, and I hope to be back someday soon.

As you can imagine at this point I’ve worked my over-emotional Latin self into quite a state and I have to get on a plane soon (not to mention that I'm at the airport and people are starting to look at me strangely...), so I’ll end this fast.

Goodbye and good luck to you all,

Fernanda.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for your writing, I liked your style. Have a good trip!
    All the best for your future! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Olá!
    Estava navegando no site da SLU e encontrei os blogs dos estudantes estrangeiros. Estou no final do meu curso em SP e penso em fazer pare do meu estágio na SLU. Já conheço alguns professores mas tbm estou buscado informações sobre estadia e custo de vida. Será que vc poderia me dar umas dicas?

    Obrigada e parabéns pelo blog!
    Fernanda Ampuero (fe_ampuero@hotmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi Fernanda!
    me chamo Daiana, sou aluna de doutorado aqui na Unesp, em São Paulo, e estou indo em maio pra Uppsala ficar 6 meses e fazer parte do meu doutorado lá. Queria trocar algumas informações com vc, se for possível...dicas, coisas que só quem viveu lá pode saber (na nossa visão).
    Espero poder contar com sua ajuda..meu e-mail é (daiana_zoo@yahoo.com.br)
    Bom, é isso..
    Parabéns pelo blog...emocionante!!
    beijos

    ReplyDelete