Saturday, January 15, 2011

Final exam, getting sick and (hopefully) getting better

I can’t believe another course is already over! The final exam was yesterday, and I think it’s hard to know exactly how it went. Many of the questions could be answered in several ways, so I can only hope that I wrote what the teachers wanted. It’s nice to know that if you fail the exam, you always have a second chance with the re-exam, something which I know isn’t the case in all universities.

As a fitting end to the semester I also had the delight of being sick, and I know many of my classmates also spent the last week of school in bed eating paracetamol as if it were candy.
The first contact to go to if you’re sick is to ring 1177, the medical advice helpline. I tried, and after 25 minutes on hold, I gave up.
I was away from Uppsala when I decided to look for a doctor and in Stockholm I was directed to City Akuten, a clinic where they take drop-in clients. They’re located in the inner city, about 10 minutes walk away from the central metro station. I had to wait 1 hour and 45 minutes (they nicely told me that when I first arrived, and said I could go for a walk for an hour and then come back), but I got to see a doctor and there is a pharmacy downstairs where you can pick up any prescribed medications. A great, easy place to go to if you need to see a doctor, but unfortunately there isn’t one in Uppsala.

Hope everyone is staying healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment